WHL Standard of Conduct Acknowledgement Form
Western Hockey League
Standard of Conduct Acknowledgment Form (2022-23)
It is a privilege to participate in the Western Hockey League (WHL), a member of the Canadian Hockey League (CHL). All participants associated with the WHL – including players, coaches, Club staff, management, ownership, League staff and officials – are required to comply with the WHL Standard of Conduct at all times. The WHL requires all participants to acknowledge that they have read and understand the WHL Standard of Conduct by signing the acknowledgment form.
The WHL has adopted a series of policies and regulations which all participants must fully respect and comply with during the 2022-23 WHL season. To ensure all WHL participants are fully aware of the policies and regulations that govern the WHL, this Standard of Conduct Acknowledgement Form provides a brief overview of the key policies and regulations and a link which provides further details.
This will acknowledge I have read and am fully aware of the following WHL policies and regulations:
- Racial / Derogatory Comments Policy / Regulation
- States that any comment made by a WHL participant of a racial or derogatory nature will result in immediate disciplinary action
- Abuse, Bullying, Harassment and Hazing Policy / Regulations
- states that any form of abuse or neglect, whether emotional, verbal, physical or sexual of any participant or anyone associated directly or indirectly with the WHL, will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disciplinary action
- Social Media and Networking Policy / Regulation
- states that social media may not be used to engage in any conduct of an inappropriate nature which would be detrimental to any participant or anyone associated directly or indirectly with the WHL
- Personal Conduct Policy / Regulation
- a year round WHL policy that states all participants are required to avoid conduct that is considered detrimental reputation of the WHL, the CHL or the spirit of hockey.
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy / Regulation
- states the WHL is a diverse and inclusive organization in which all participants will be respected, valued and welcomed at all times.
To further ensure all participants fully understand the WHL policies and regulations, the WHL also delivers a series of education and prevention programs through the WHL Respect in Hockey and WHL Security Network Player Impact programs.
As a player, it is also acknowledged and understood that you agree to follow all team rules, including that there will not be any consumption or possession of alcohol or non-prescription drugs at any team or WHL sanctioned event and that there will not be any consumption or possession of cannabis or banned substances, as outlined, in the CHL Drug Education and Anti-Doping program, at any time.
All participants are obligated to report violations of this WHL Standard of Conduct or any of the WHL policies or regulations by contacting the WHL Respect Line (1-888-914-5525). This season the WHL is further enhancing our Player Respect Education and Safety systems by adding a new independent complaint channel for players, staff and anyone associated with the WHL – the WHL Player Advisory Council (PAC). You can register your complaint to PAC via email: email@example.com.
All participants are also required to cooperate with investigations initiated by the WHL or the CHL. Failure to cooperate with an investigation will result in disciplinary action by the WHL. Failure to comply with the Standard of Conduct will be considered as conduct detrimental to the integrity of the WHL and will result in disciplinary action.
This will confirm I have read and understand the WHL policies and regulations and the other conditions outlined in the WHL Standard of Conduct Acknowledgement Form.