WHL Job Opportunities
WHL Manager, Officiating
The Western Hockey League (WHL), one of the world’s finest development leagues with 22 member Clubs in Western Canada and the U.S. Pacific Northwest, is inviting applications for the position of Manager, Officiating at their Calgary based WHL office.
The WHL Manager, Officiating will be responsible to provide administrative assistance in all activities of the Officiating Department and report to the Senior Director, Officiating; manage game assignments, flights, travel, expenses and payments for WHL officials; assist in organizing and executing training camps and prospect development camps; provide video support for coaching WHL officials and other video projects; coordinate the production of the WHL Rulebook and Manuals; provide support for video goal judge staff and equipment; manage the daily activities of the Officiating Department.
Candidates for the position should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and time management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required and candidates should have excellent organizational skills. The work environment brings new challenges daily requiring the skills necessary for finding solutions and problem solving.
Knowledge and understanding of the game of hockey is required. Experience as a hockey official, and experience working with video clipping and/or video editing in a hockey related position will be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume, stating salary expectations, by Monday, January 24, 2022 to:
Email: email@example.com Subject: WHL Manager, Officiating
Western Hockey League
2424 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3Y9
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vice President, Sales & Corporate Sponsorships
The Vice President, Sales & Corporate Sponsorships will primarily be responsible for generating new and renewed sponsorship sales, Corporate / Group ticket sales and the ongoing servicing of our roster of clients. This position will be based at the Regina Pats head office in Regina, Sask.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and implementation / activation of the Club’s annual Sales strategies to maximize all revenues associated with our advertising, sponsorship, and ticketing revenue streams.
•Establish, build, and maintain client relationships that increase satisfaction and retention.
• Regular prospecting and cold calls utilizing both prepared vendor lists as well as ingenuity in uncovering new potential clients.
• Regular weekly reporting of all Sales related activity.
• Ensure Sponsorship and Ticket sales fulfillment, both in-venue and digitally.
• Manage the Account Executive, Corporate Sponsorships & Group Ticket Sales role.
• Provide analytics reporting and end of campaign reports to clients and internally, as required.
• Work collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer and Controller on revenue generation strategies.
• General contract management.
• Perform other duties, including on game days, as assigned.
• The role will require an individual who is available to work a variety of irregular work hours including all game days/nights.
Competencies and Requirements
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, or related field
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong strategic thinking skills
• Strong English, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong management skills (human and financial resources)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Successful track record of leading / managing teams
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and results driven individual with the ability to deliver on multiple priorities and projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse clients
• Previous sales and partnership experience considered an asset
• Knowledge of junior hockey and sport environment considered an asset
• Availability to work evenings and weekends during the season
• Exhibits professionalism as a representative of the Regina Pats
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• High degree of poise and professionalism as a representative of the Pats
To apply for this position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.