TORONTO (May 16, 2018) Marking a century of distinguished hockey history and tradition, Sportsnet is shining the national spotlight on the stars of the Canadian Hockey League this week as the 100th Mastercard Memorial Cup arrives in Regina, May 18-27.
The centennial competition begins live from the Brandt Centre on Friday, May 18 at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT when the host Regina Pats meet the OHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet NOW and sportsnet.ca/590. The WHL’s Swift Current Broncos and Acadie-Bathurst Titan of the QMJHL round out the contenders in the race for the coveted Memorial Cup.
Below are the key details of Sportsnet’s television, radio and digital coverage of the 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup:
- Hosted by Jeff Marek alongside Colby Armstrong and Todd Warriner, the CHL on Sportsnet panel is live in Regina to provide in-depth analysis and exclusive player profiles, and to celebrate the 100-year history of the Memorial Cup.
- Play-by-play announcer J. Broadhead and game analyst Sam Cosentino return to the broadcast booth, with Rob Faulds reporting from ice-level.
- With every Memorial Cup matchup available on Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 650 or via stream on ca/590, play-by-play announcer Mel Raskin and former OHL coach and colour analyst Marty Williamson are set to deliver the radio call
- ca keeps junior hockey fans covered with wall-to-wall coverage out of Regina, including the latest stats, standings, videos and analysis.
- Leading up to puck drop, CHL Insider Sam Cosentino delivers in-depth previews of each team contending for the 100th Memorial Cup.
- ca writer Daniel Nugent-Bowman delivers tournament coverage from all angles, including player profiles and columns.
- A special Memorial Cup edition of the Tape II Tape podcast featuring Jeff Marek explores the CHL headlines and storylines during the tournament’s centennial event.
100th Mastercard Memorial Cup Broadcast Schedule
*all games to be streamed live on Sportsnet NOW
Friday, May 18
- Hamilton Bulldogs vs. Regina Pats, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & ca/590)
Saturday, May 19
- Swift Current Broncos vs. Acadie-Bathurst Titan, 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 650 & ca/590)
Sunday, May 20
- Regina Pats vs. Acadie-Bathurst Titan, 7p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 650 & ca/590)
Monday, May 21
- Swift Current Broncos vs. Hamilton Bulldogs, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 590 The FAN & ca/590)
Tuesday, May 22
- Acadie-Bathurst Titan vs. Hamilton Bulldogs,10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & ca/590)
Wednesday, May 23
- Regina Pats vs. Swift Current Broncos, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & ca/590)
Thursday, May 24
- Tie-breaker*, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & ca/590)
Friday, May 25
- Semifinal, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360 & ca/590)
Sunday, May 27
- Championship Final, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 650 & ca/590)
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Follow Jeff Marek @JeffMarek
Follow Colby Armstrong @armdog
Follow Todd Warriner @Todd_Warriner
Follow R.J. Broadhead @SNRJBroadhead
Follow Rob Faulds @SNFaulds
Follow Mel Raskin @SNMelRaskin
Follow Daniel Nugent-Bowman @DNBsports
Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 speciality network and #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maples Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.