The Western Hockey League (WHL), regarded as the world’s finest development league for junior hockey players with 22 Member Clubs throughout Western Canada and the U.S. Pacific Northwest, is inviting applications for the position of Coordinator, Hockey Operations Video Services at their Calgary based WHL Office.
The Coordinator, Hockey Operations Video Services, will provide support for all aspects of video production for Hockey Operations and Officiating. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and team player who can shoot, edit and create video content for the WHL.
Candidates should possess a degree or diploma in film/video production or have work experience in film/video production. The successful candidate will also possess an understanding of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop, and have experience as a camera operator.
Candidates should have strong creative skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects. Candidates must be prepared to work flexible hours (including, evenings, weekends and holidays), and have a valid driver’s license. Finally, candidates are expected to possess advanced knowledge and understanding of the game of hockey. Officiating and /or playing experience will be considered an asset.
- Video clipping, editing, filing and cataloging video for Officiating purposes
- Provide video support for Hockey Operations and Discipline
- Shooting live game content on-location, and producing/shooting interviews for video training for officials
- Assist with creating officiating development videos for WHL officials and WHL partners
- Support for the HawkEye video replay system in all WHL arenas
- Support video projects in WHL Communications and Marketing Departments
Salary Range: $35,000 – $40,000
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter, resume and content reel (work examples) by Wednesday, November 20th 2019 to:
Subject: WHL COORDINATOR, HOCKEY OPERATIONS VIDEO SERVICES
Western Hockey League
Coordinator, Hockey Operations Video Services
2424 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3Y9
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.