WHL Job Opportunities
Application Deadline: August 24, 2018
Position: Practicum Student / Internship – Communications
- Outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to take direction, work independently and work in a group environment
- Comfortable working on multiple projects with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Graphic Design, Communications or Journalism majors preferred
- Proficient in the following programs would be an asset: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Flash
- Hockey Knowledge considered an asset
Term: September 2018 to May 31, 2019 (Flexible with dates)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Senior Manager, Communications with production of content and features
- Compile web and social media analytic reports highlighting effective content and trends
- Generate or syndicate written content for WHL.ca
- Assist with implementation of WHL season content plan
- Research projects as required
- WHL reception services
Please send application to:
Western Hockey League
Father David Bauer Arena
2424 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3Y9
Media Services Coordinator
Position Summary: The Media Services Coordinator is a full time position that will be responsible for shooting, editing and creating content for playback in house and online. This includes creating still and motion graphics, advertising, creative, promotional and scoreboard content for the Medicine Hat Tigers.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Create and apply consistent Medicine Hat Tigers branding principles to all videos and creative.
- Create, shoot and edit weekly segments for playback on Tigertron as well as for web.
- Voicing over stories and commercials for playback in house and on the web.
- Content creation for all platforms including video, print and web.
- Interview and shoot players and coaches for various segments.
- Edit and upload highlights for social media during all home games.
- Assist with executing Tigers game days.
- Accurate archiving of all video materials and photographs.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet time sensitive deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient with computers and technology.
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cameras and broadcast equipment.
- Strong hockey knowledge is highly recommended and encouraged.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Submit resume and link to demo reel to email@example.com by August 21st at 4pm. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position: Account Executive
Prince George Cougars
Prince George, BC
The Prince George Cougars are looking to add an outgoing and driven Account Executive to their sales team. As an Account Executive, this role will concentrate on selling a full menu of products (Season Memberships, Suites, Groups, and Partial Plans) to Cougars fans and local businesses via phone calls, face to face appointments, in-arena meetings, and special events. This role is an integral part of our sales team and a springboard for individuals looking to take their careers to the next level. This position will report to the Director of Tickets Sales
- Proactively and aggressively solicit and generate new business to maximize season, partial plans, group, and suite ticket sales revenue for the
- Develop and maintain a thorough awareness of ticket pack
- Establish and maintain business relationships by focusing on the needs of our existing client base and prospect
- Make a required minimum of 50 outbound sales calls each day with the goal of maximizing all ticket sales revenu
- Conduct inside and outside appointments to gain business with new and existing customers while maintaining call volumes
- Monitor and negotiate ticket sales process for ticket events in line with sales object
- Coordinate ticket sales activities and meet with all clients to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work game nights and community events for purpose of maximizing sales opportuniti (ie. Sales Table and attending networking events)
- Build and maintain our customer database and actively track touchp
- Make use of database, referrals, and other sources to conduct aggressive outreach and increase ticket sales and prospects datab
- Actively participate in department activities and meetings working selflessly towards achieving common go
- Interact with other Cougars departments to provide a cooperative, customer-oriented focus for all operation
- Provide creative input and assertive follow-through to efforts that enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develop prospects by calling on self-generated leads and provided list
- Handle in-bound sales calls from prospective customer
- Support all organization sales teams in their efforts to sell inventory through sales calls and involvement in negotiations, when appropriat
- Anticipate the needs of key clients and provide service opportunities to secure partnerships with the Prince George Cougars for years to com
- Perform other tasks and projects as requested.
- A minimum of one year of sales experience.
- Proven track record of sales excellence in professional sports or other high-touch, high-contact sales environ
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision making abiliti
- Positive, aggressive, and enthusiastic approach to customers and contacts so as to convey a positive image.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Exc Experience with Paciolan/Spectra and Archtics ticketing system is a plus.
- Experience with CRM software is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain smooth working relationship
- Proven track record of developing long-standing client relationship
- Motivated, dynamic, hard-working, and confident.
- Will accept long and unpredictable hou Working evenings, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business, marketing or related field preferred.Please send your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Ticket Sales
Prince George Cougars Hockey Club
#102 – 2187 Ospika Blvd. South
Prince George, B.C. V2N 6Z1
w. 250.561.0783 / f: 250.561.0743