WHL Job Opportunities
POSITION: WHL Intern, Hockey Operations
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Player Development
STATUS: Nine-Month Internship with a $1,200 honorarium per month
DATE: August 13, 2018 – May 17, 2019.
About the Internships
The Bill Hay Future Leaders Internships are made possible through generous contributions from Bill Hay and from the Hockey Canada Foundation. The program has been funded for four (4) years from the 2015/16 season through the 2018/19 season.
The internships are based out of the 3 CHL offices (WHL – Calgary, QMJHL – Montreal, OHL – Toronto) and Hockey Canada’s National Offices (Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto) and are awarded annually to outstanding college or university graduates who are pursuing a career in sports administration, sport marketing, sport communication or program development.
These full-time term positions provide interns with experience in a variety of positions including sports administration, program development, and event promotions. The requirements of the internships are directed by the WHL, QMJHL, OHL and Hockey Canada.
Based at the Western Hockey League’s head office in Calgary and reporting to the Manager, Player Development, the Hockey Operations Intern will assist with coordinating events and assist with the creation of new player recruitment initiatives. The Hockey Operations intern will have daily tasks with the Officiating Department throughout their term.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of WHL Combine Camps
- Assist with the planning of the WHL U.S. Combine Camp
- Conduct research for hockey operations and player recruitment
- Assist with Alumni Relations and Players First Programs
- Implementation of data into the Dub Hub intranet system
- Assist with the development of a new promotional campaign in regards to materials and communication relevant to WHL player recruitment
- Manage WHL Prospects Central Website and Twitter account
- Assist with contractual obligations with hockey partners across Western Canada and the Western United States
- Key role in the planning and management of the Western Canada U16 Challenge Cup
- Day to day logistics within the Hockey Operations Department
- Video clip collection
- Video library updates
- Video projects and special assignments
- Video goal judge training clips
- Off-ice official’s information
- Game logging
- Individual official video tracking
- Officiating Camps Assistant – preparation and execution
- Presentations – prepare for camps and events
- Administrative support
- Web – WHL Officiating information
- WHL Officials and WHL Alumni Officials stories
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong Hockey Knowledge
- Operational knowledge of video equipment and software
- Computer proficient in: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to take direction, work independently, and work in a group environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018, at 5:00 PM MT to:
Manager, Player Development
Western Hockey League
Job Title: Creative Services, New Media and Website Coordinator
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, Salary plus benefits
Location: Victoria, BC
The Victoria Royals Hockey Club is currently searching for an individual who has a passion for the game of hockey to step into the entry level role of Creative Services, New Media and Website Coordinator. The individual will possess a diploma or degree in Graphic Design. They will have a strong knowledge base of design and web management to provide digital content for the Victoria Royals Hockey Club as well as subsidiaries of parent company GSL Holdings.
This individual will work on a variety of projects that span digital, website, social media, email, arena signage, marketing materials, sales collateral, promotional items, community events, brand identity and much more. They will also run the day-to-day Content Management System for www.victoriaroyals.com, the Graphic Management for the company, and other tasks as assigned.
This individual will work with every department within the Victoria Royals Hockey Club, many departments throughout GSL Holdings as well as with partner companies. They will report directly to the Assistant General Manager, Hockey Operations and Communications. They will also work closely with the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the Director of Ticketing.
The individual will be extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects and work to deadline. They will be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends around hockey games and events). Awareness and interest in latest technological platforms as well as digital and social media trends that shape professional sports and pop culture is a must.
Professional experience working in a creative graphic design environment is an asset. Photography experience and hockey knowledge are also beneficial. A portfolio including samples of current graphic design work is required.
What we are looking for:
– Prototype and design features and overall look and feel for collateral aimed at print, web, mobile and social media
– Experience designing, prototyping and coordinating the implementation of design assets
– Work within brand guidelines to build the desired assets
– Experience coordinating the production of print publications
– Take designs from concept through implementation on multiple platforms
– Skilled in industry leading software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
– Experience in motion and video editing is a plus
– Ability to listen, hear requirement and convert them into technical objectives
– Willingness and commitments to take ownership of tasks, establish and communicate realistic timelines and follow through on commitments
– Ability to communicate and present ideas to Senior Management and peers.
Please email resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Competition closes June 22, 2018 at 12 p.m.
Athletic Therapist / Strength and Conditioning Coach
The Spokane Chiefs are currently accepting applications to fill the position of Athletic Therapist / Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Applicants for the Athletic Therapist / Strength and Conditioning Coach must have the following mandatory certifications: Athletic Therapist National Certification, Strength and Conditioning National Certification and a Sports First Responder Certification.
No phone inquiries, please.