WHL Job Opportunities
WESTERN HOCKEY LEAGUE
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
Position: Practicum Student / Internship
- Outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to take direction, work independently and work in a group environment
- Comfortable working on multiple projects with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Graphic Design, Communications or Journalism majors preferred
- Proficient in the following programs would be an asset: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design and Flash
- Hockey Knowledge considered an asset
Term: June 4 – August 31, 2018 (Flexible with dates)
Reports to: Manager, Communication
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Manager, Communications with production of content and features
- Assist on the annual WHL Media Guide
- Compile web and social media analytic reports highlighting effective content and trends
- Generate or syndicate written content for WHL.ca
- Assist with implementation of WHL social media summer content plan
- Research projects as required
Please send application to:
Western Hockey League
Father David Bauer Arena
2424 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 3Y9
WHL Prince George Cougars: Manager, Game Day Operations & Promotions
The Game Day Operations & Promotions Manager reports to the Vice President -Business, and manages the teams’ game day operations by planning, developing, implementing, directing and evaluating all aspects of game night presentation. The manager also works directly with sponsors/business/organizations throughout the off season to plan and sell assets, especially that relate to game sponsorships.
This position is ideal for a person wanting to learn all aspects of working for a sports entertainment company. The successful candidate must be willing to work long and flexible hours on game days, be very ambitious and willing to learn, and excited to be a positive contributor to a tight knit team environment.
Other duties include managing many different volunteers & groups, Intern program, participating in team brainstorming and planning meetings, being exceptionally well organized and self-managing. Must have a pleasant and outgoing personality, and not afraid of new challenges, trying out new ideas, and being creative.
This is a full-time position, with a base salary and commission. The start date is as soon as possible.
Closing date to apply is April 27, 2018
Please submit your resume to:
Prince George Cougars
Andy Beesley, Vice President – Business
#201 – 2187 Ospika Blvd.
Prince George BC V2N 6Z1
Questions: Call Andy Beesley at 250-561-0783